The Shepherd’s Home is a community ministry of Campbell County housing up to nine women, 18 years old or older, who are willing to commit nine months to establish a strong spiritual foundation for a fresh start in life. It is the goal of The Shepherd's Home to graduate women with a productive job and a spiritual foundation resulting from discipleship and service to the church and community.
Participants of the program develop life skills and a strong spiritual foundation by taking advantage of the following:
- Bible-based learning via small groups to develop a Christian world view
- Completion of the Celebrate Recovery 12 Steps and 8 Principles
- 6-months of Group or Individual Outpatient Therapy (IOP)
- Assistance in obtaining a GED
- Low cost medical and dental care
- Parenting classes
- Community service
- Household duties to share responsibility for the function of the Home
- Transportation to and from work
- Family weekend visitation
- Rest, exercise and recreation time
We are deeply committed to the long-term sobriety of those placed in our care. Our greatest desire is to see each person living a successful, joyful, self-sustaining life in our communities.
Our Curriculum is focused on three areas:
- Mind – We teach the disciplines of reading, writing, giving, serving and having fun. We encourage women to develop a mindset that is not self-centered but God-centered.
- Body – We encourage a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and exercise, that is free of dependencies on substances. Our program teaches the importance of building relationships with others and contributing to society.
- Heart – Spiritual needs and habits must be developed to overcome life’s obstacles. Spiritual disciplines like Bible reading, prayer, group Bible Study, worship and meditation are necessary for a balanced life. Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
Residents will learn job skills, social skills, money management skills, community contribution, health skills as well as nurturing their faith in an environment of love, hope, help and encouragement.